Biodesix uses Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption / Ionization Time of Flight (MALDI-ToF) mass spectrometry to interrogate the proteome — including post-translational modifications and splice variants — without the need to identify specific proteins in advance.
Key Benefits of MALDI-ToF MS at Biodesix
ECOSYSTEM OF A PATIENT BY:
Taking a biologically agnostic snapshot of the circulating proteome using MALDI-ToF mass spectrometry.
Converting the acquired molecular data into a clinical test using modern machine learning.
Interpreting the host’s biology using multiple assessment methods, such as LC-MS and biological pathway protein set scoring.
Host Biology: The Circulating Proteome
Biodesix develops multivariate proteomic tests that can measure protein abundance to gain a real-time comprehensive view of a patient’s changing disease state and immune profile. Blood-based proteomic analyses reflect innate or adaptive immune responses that may affect clinical outcomes on immunotherapy and other treatments.
ImmunoStrat® Protein Signatures
- The ImmunoStrat® suite of tests have been designed to interrogate a patient’s circulating proteome with the goal of predicting response to various immunotherapies across multiple tumor types.
Custom Signature Discovery
- Biodesix designs custom protein signatures with machine learning to support our partners drug development programs.
- These tests are designed to help answer specific clinical questions, including selecting patients for immunotherapies, novel therapy combinations, or alternative treatment pathways.
Biological Pathway Protein Set Scoring
- Biodesix has adapted the well-established methods of gene set enrichment analysis (GSEA) to understand protein pathways that are associated with different serum protein signature test results.
- Pathways include: glycolytic processes, complement system, acute response, wound healing, interleukin-10 and immune response type II.