It is estimated that 1.57 million incidental lung nodules are detected each year in the US.
– GOULD 2015, “RECENT TRENDS IN THE IDENTIFICATION OF INCIDENTAL PULMONARY NODULES”
What is the BDX-XL2 test?
- Blood-based classifier designed to identify low-to-moderate risk patients with a likely benign lung nodule
- Classifier integrates plasma proteins with clinical risk factors associated with lung cancer
- Test is being validated as a tool to avoid unnecessary invasive procedures in patients with benign lung nodules
- A prospective, multicenter observational trial
- Evaluated the accuracy of BDX-XL2 at identifying benign lung nodules in patients with a pre-test probability of cancer (pCA) ≤ 50%